I did a brownbag session at Wotif office about how to make an Android app. It covers a lot of the basics of making an app with Android Studio.
This is an introduction session for Android. It covers the following:
- Introduction to core concepts like: android building blocks, activities, intents, back stacks, services etc.
- Covers project structure using Android Studio.
- We create a basic app that downloads cat pictures from Instagram API.
- Work with a ListView to display data.
- Code is available at: https://github.com/dmendis/android-intro-cat-viewer
- Cover some core concepts with resource folders in Android
- Ultimate guide to starting off android: https://developer.android.com/guide/index.html
- Android design guidelines: https://developer.android.com/design/index.html
- AndroidAnnotations: http://androidannotations.org
- Image library: http://square.github.io/picasso/
- Networking library: http://square.github.io/retrofit/
Email me or leave a comment if you'd like to see more videos like this (much shorter ones).